We are a non-for-profit that focuses on the right to access seasonally, organically, locally, and ethically produced foodstuffs for all.
If we aren’t currently teaching a class on something you want to learn about, we’ll get you in touch with someone who can.
If you need emergency food services, but have an allergy or sensitivity (gluten, egg, nut, etcetera) or are an ethically motivated eater (vegan/vegetarian), we can help you find a way to fill your unique needs.
Our goal is to open The Dharma Kitchen and Prana Pantry Center, which will:
- Operate an annual series of classes on cooking, baking, food preservation (canning + drying), gardening, seed saving
- Introduce Nutrition, Health, and Wellness coursework through field-work and at the classroom level opportunities in conjunction with Buffalo Public Schools, local charter schools, private religious schools, and homeschooled children
- Operate a pay-what-you-can restaurant, using regionally and in-house sourced foodstuffs
- Operate a pantry and garden, offering regionally sourced and in-house grown foodstuffs from regional farms and food producers, the center’s aquaponic ponds and hoop garden/grow towers
- Work in conjunction with Erie County Social Services, WNY Food Bank, Grassroots Gardens, and all other similarly driven organizations